Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dust and Ember $2.99

So, wow. In the last post I told everyone how I hadn't started a word of the third book in the EMBER series, (tentatively named "Dust"). But now a week or two later, I'm pleased to let you all know I'm 30,000 words in! It's very exciting; the story is just taking off! Thank you all for support and prayers. I hope that you all had a wonderful Easter.

For anyone interested to know a little about Dust, here is the setting...


EMBER UNDERWATER!

....

....

...

Lol. Not really, I'm just kidding! April Fools!

Heh, heh, heh.

But the picture IS nice right? It's drawn by fallencrypt on deviantart. Check him out.

This is really the place (as any of you who have read Obsidian might have guessed):


 



But maybe looking a little bit more like this:


If you catch my drift.

I should probably warn anyone uber-interested in ancient history, that this book won't focus on names and dates, so much as feel and environment. I did get a chance to go to "this place" when I was younger, so I hope that the story is true to the country.


And lets see. On top of that, has anyone ever read The Mark of the Lion Trilogy?
It is written by Francine Rivers, she was a well-known romance author at the time she began the story. She wrote it because she had recently become a Christian, and she wanted to share her faith with others. So she told a story about it. Anyways, it's VERY good, and REALLY romantic. I read it when I was 15 and it had a big impact on my life. If you like ancient history, or pretty much if you like just plain reading. Check it out. The set has just gotten new covers:



Finally, I thought for music-lovers, everyone might enjoy the playlist I'm listening to while writing Dust. It's not THE playlist, final, or anything; it's just the songs inspiring me right now while I write.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH686HQQmBR5K53kIiD5mDxDfQ7lbWZ1X

I hope that you all have a blessed day, whenever it is that you read this.

One final, I guess sort of important, but less exciting note is that EMBER is going to be going up in price. From its current 99 cents to $2.99 like OBSIDIAN. The main reason for this is written about in a prior post. With e-books, 99 cents equals 33 cents. and 2.99 equals 2 bucks, so it's a really big percentage change. I hope you can all still enjoy Ember. It's like 600 pages, so you're still getting a lot of bang for your dollar. If there is a big drop in buyers, I will probably set it back to 99 cents, though. Because I would rather more people got a chance to read it. And please, always let me know if you can't afford the price, and I'll look into getting you a free copy.

EMBER will be available at 99 cents, for the NEXT THREE DAYS, so get it while cheap-er if you're reading this!

Peace be with everyone as we enter into spring, and just remember this is how HE feels about you:



No comments:

Post a Comment