Tuesday, February 5, 2013

OBSIDIAN Release: Cover, Playlist, & Date

Okay, so if you read my last post, you know that Obsidian is releasing it about 10 days, Valentine's Day to be exact. I just wanted to give everyone an update that things are looking good, and all the final preparations are underway. I, for one, am all done, fully and completely.
Of course, there are always improvements that can be made to a book, but there is also a point where you just have to say you did your best, and trust the audience to fill in all the all the mess-ups with grace and understanding. I hope all of you can see the heart of Obsidian, and be touched by it, inspired, and motivated to live and love well, by it.

Now, with that said, here are some cool little tid-bits.

First... the CoVeR:


What do you think? As always, I would love to hear your oppinions. Please leave a comment whether you like it, or not, or suggestions, whatever. I for one, am excited about this one, since purple & blue (very much so, like Evelyn) are my favorite colors.

Second... the PLaYLiST:

OBSIDIAN YouTube Playlist

Yes, you have to click the link. No, I can't put all the videos inside of this post; there are over 50. It would get crazy. Just click the link; youtube is your friend (so long as you never scroll down to read comments o_O ). But here is one song that is especially Obsidian-iffic! Enjoy it playing in the background whilst you read the finishing of this post.




Okay, last: some information about the release.

As you already read, the date is VALENTINE'S. That's the 14th of this month, 2o13. OBSIDIAN will be released in all the regular youngadult-books channels. This includes: Barnes&Noble, Amazon, and Smashwords. The links to all of these are in the top-right corner; they'll take you straight to my books. Or you could just search Tess Williams in any of these sites, and come up with my stuff (plus a few books about a little girl named Tess, who likes snowmen, which I, for the record, did not write, but plan to one day read).

As for pricing, Obsidian will be the same as all my books have been: 99 cents. BUT (and this is an important "but") only for the FIRST MONTH. As in, only for February. That means that you have two weeks or so (or exactly), to get Obsidian in Nook, Kindle, or web format for 99 cents. After that, it will be $2.99. I know, I know, you might be thinking: that's really lame. But here's a big reason, if you can bear with me. Ember is selling really well right now (about 200 books a month), but even so, I only make about $50 from that, because books priced at 99 cents at Amazon, etc., only give the author 30% (pretty lame, I know). But, if the price is raised to $2.99 at least, I will get 60%. That's a big difference. I'm not really greedy for money (I'd much rather people read!) But it would be nice to save up some future book publishing funds. (Hard or paperback of Ember/Obsidian anyone?) Please bear with me with the price increase. And like I said, don't forget, the FIRST MONTH OF FEBRUARY is 99 CENTS ONLY.

Well, that's about all. If you have been listening to the SW* song since it appeared, then you are well-past the bit that will make me cry. Has anyone played The Old Republic by the way? I am so behind in games, tell me if it is good.

I hope to hear from you all about the cover. And apart from that, happy Valentine's Day. I hope you have a great week leading up to it, and beyond!!!

*SW = Star Wars... always.

----------------


In Blogs to come...

SUBJECT: Sly Cooper 4 Thieves in Time

DISCUSSION: "Who will lend out their playstation 3 so that I may play?... o_O"









No comments:

Post a Comment